UX Designer / Developer
testerdigital is one of Canada’s leading digital public affairs agencies. We’ve helped clients from coast-to-coast reach millions, raise millions, and drive social change.
We create winning digital ads, logos, websites, and more for clients who want to crush their goals.
We are looking for someone to join our team and help jumpstart our website design and development practice. We think this is a great opportunity for anyone with design and development experience who is looking to take their career to the next level — here’s why:
- You’ll be part of a small, tightly knit team. You’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow in the role (and hopefully teach us a thing or two as well)
- You’re our first design/development specific hire — you’ll have an opportunity to grow with our team.
- You’ll get to work directly with clients and learn about the business side of a successful digital agency.
- We’ll support and encourage your professional development.
- Salary will match experience and quality of work.
- You’ll work from home and set your own hours — if you can meet deadlines and deliver quality work, the rest is up to you!
We are looking for someone who can design and build a website from start to finish. You’ll be required to have a variety of skills — and be willing to learn along the way.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Able to build themes from scratch using HTML, PHP, CSS, JS, jQuery, and other libraries
- Experience with WordPress, Shopify, NationBuilder, and other common CMS platforms
- Experience working with APIs and building Wordpress widgets from scratch
- Design experience in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, or equivalents
- Experience managing hosting and domains
- Experience working in public affairs (political, charity, advocacy, etc.) is an asset
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you’re interested in applying, please send a resume and portfolio to [email protected].
Portfolios can be included as a link (i.e. personal website, Dribbble account, or any other platform) or as a PDF. A cover letter is not required but feel free to include a brief note introducing yourself!
If you have been selected for an interview we will contact you as soon as possible.